411 Hamilton Blvd, Suite 1600, Associated Bank Building Peoria, Illinois 61602

TELEPHONE | (309) 673-5535 OR (800) 248-7212
Can I discharge child support in bankruptcy?

No. Bankruptcy does not eliminate past or current child support obligations. In some cases the back child support can be paid through a Chapter 13 case in payments which stops license suspensions or other contempt procedures, but the obligation must still be paid in full.

  • Chapter 7
  • Chapter 13
  • Alternatives to Bankruptcy
  • Options for Businesses
  • Creditor/Trustee Services
  • Judicial Foreclosure
  • Nonjudicial Foreclosure